This blog is about life, love & design.

This blog is about life, love and design. I'm an interior design student on a journey of discovery. Come enjoy the ride...

Friday 1 April 2011

Pierre Cronje: furniture designer

Much to my excitement today i found out that our new lecturer, who will be joining us after the holidays..worked with and for Pierre Cronje, an astoundingly brilliant furniture designer based in Cape Town. I lived in Cape Town for a 2yr period a few years back, and his stores were always fascinating to wander around. And drool.

Some clients want perfection, but art cannot be perfect and perfection isn't art - between the two there is a place of natural beauty that I seek.

~ Pierre Cronje
 
Visit their website www.pierrecronje.co.za
 
Pierre Cronje was recently involved in the expansion of the La Motte experience - La Motte Redefined. He worked in collaboration with Christo Barnard, of Christiaan Barnard Interiors and Design and was responsible for refurbishing a number of elements of the project; including The Farm Shop.
Also visit  www.la-motte.com
 
The man himself
 

An example of his artistry

 
I have an upcoming trip this month planned for Cape Town, maybe I should combine my love for CT, wine and design..and go visit La Motte with camera in hand. Watch this space!
 

1 comment: